Thank you for choosing to open a Maryland Prepaid College Trust account electronically. At the end of this process, you will receive a confirmation and reference number for each account opened. Please print out your confirmation and save it for your records. This process should take approximately 10 minutes.
Enrolling online requires payment of the enrollment fee via Visa or MasterCard. If you do not wish to pay the enrollment fee via Visa or MasterCard, we recommend you request an enrollment kit be mailed to you, download a kit or contact a customer service representative at 888.4MD.GRAD (463.4723).
What information do I need to enroll online?
To complete the form, you will need the following:
- Your residential address and email address
- Your social security number and the social security number of your Beneficiary (required for all persons older than 1 year)
- Complete name, mailing address and date of birth for your Beneficiary
- A VISA or MasterCard to pay any applicable enrollment fee.
Is Online Enrollment Secure?
Yes. To help protect your privacy, if you're called away from your computer while you're signed in, we'll sign you off after 20 minutes of inactivity. To ensure the security of your account information, Online Enrollment also uses the 128-bit SSL encryption. For further technical detail on the security of your Online Enrollment, click here.
When can I access the Online Enrollment?
Online Enrollment is available for the Prepaid College Trust from December 4, 2014 through April 15, 2015, except when the systems are shut down for system maintenance and upgrades. When this occurs, a message will be displayed on the Sign In screen.
What if I need further assistance in completing this online form?
Please contact us at 888.4MD.GRAD (463.4723). A customer service representative will be happy to help you.
Instructions for completing this enrollment form:
- Newborn enrollments for children less than 1 year old and enrollments for Additional Year(s) for existing accounts (identical account holder and beneficiary) are accepted year-round at prices in effect when we receive your enrollment. All other enrollments must be completed online by April15, 2015 or postmarked by April15, 2015.
- If you have questions or need assistance in completing this enrollment, please call
888.4MD.GRAD (463.4723), 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, Eastern Standard Time.
- Complete all required sections of this form. If the required sections are not completed, processing could be delayed.
- Please have your credit card ready in order to pay for the Enrollment Fee. This fee is non-refundable. Your credit card will only be charged for the enrollment fee.
- Your first payment is due August 1, 2015. If for tax purposes, you want to make a payment prior to December 31, 2014, please submit a check (with your new account number) and make it out to MPCT. Mail the check to CSPM; 217 E Redwood Street, Ste 1350; Baltimore, MD 21202. This check must be postmarked by noon, December 31, 2014 in order to be eligible for a State income deduction for the 2014 tax year.
- Please be aware enrollment processing can take between 6-8 weeks.